Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSCug73383 - IronPort ESA version 8.0.1-023

We have this issue on more than one ESA since upgrading to version 8.0.1-023.         

CSCug73383       

Problem Description:

You are getting the following error,

An application fault occurred: ('egg/coro_ssl.py

_non_blocking_retry|140', "<class 'sslip.Error'>", "(336195711, 'err

or:1409F07F:SSL routines:SSL3_WRITE_PENDING:bad write

retry')", '[egg/smtp_client.py run|885] [egg/smtp_client.py

_run|964] [egg/coro_ssl.py close|238] [egg/coro_ssl.py

shutdown|218] [egg/coro_ssl.py _non_blocking_retry|140]')

Waiting on Cisco for bug fix

7 REPLIES

David,

Just received this tonight on one of our ESA.  Would you mind sharing what you have found out about this?  You can send me a PM if you wish.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

No Problem - here is an update as of 2/20/2014

I have still not received the bug fix or target date that the TAC representative (see below) commented on.  At this time we get multiple  of these errors per day per ESA mail host.  I have had no reported issues from senders or recipients related to these errors.  This error is similiar to the one that was common in an older Async O/S version, which I believe was not fixed until a subsequent release.

We are about to implement the first virtual appliances in our production environment, it will be interesting to see the new/different error messages related to those systems.  My expectation is that behavior will be identical based on the results in our plot program.

David Owens

Messaging Team - Perimeter Security

Principal Financial Group

owens.david@principal.com

Here is the text from my TAC submission related to this error.

Hello David,

Good afternoon and thank you for the reply.

Yes we had this problem with the other customers as well when upgrading to the asyncOS 8.0. The developers are working on this. You can ignore that error and not critical. Also please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Kumar , Security Team
Cisco TAC Support Engineer
anilk5@cisco.com

David,

Thanks for the info.  We just upgraded to 8.01  about a month ago and this is the first time that I have seen the  error.  It did happen multiple times in about a 10 min period.  I have  added my email to the bug list so hopefully I will get notified when a  patch comes out. 

I'm just down the street at EMC Insurance.

If you hear anything, please let me know.

Doug Maxfield

Doug.L.Maxfield@EMCIns.com

Hi David,

we also see the same issue here, would be glad to find new information about this.

Thanks & kind regards

Alexander

Cisco Employee

Hello David,

The  CSCug73383 defect  is tracking to be fixed in 8.0's maintenance AsyncOS 8.0.2,  and the new AsyncOS 8.5.6 for email.  Both of these builds should be out in the next two months.    AsyncOS 8.0.2 has a tentative release date of April 2014. 

Regards,

Alvaro

We also just upgraded to 8.0.1 yesterday.  Starting getting these error messages overnight and early morning.  One of the appliances actually got an error about the SMTP service restarting as well. 

"The SMTP was restarted due to an error. A debug file was generated for troubleshooting. Please contact your authorized support center."

We have a case open with Cisco for assistance.  I really love when a patch to fix issues causes more new issues! 

Any resolution to this?  We

Any resolution to this?  We started receiving this error on both of our ESA's, however we are on 8.0.0-671.

Views
Helpful
Replies