cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuj09556 - PI 2.0 corrupts device config by doing snmp set for location after sync

Jim Crabb
Level 1
Level 1

This bug is marked as "fixed", but it's not.  There is a convoluted workaround for it.  Will it *actally* be fixed in a future release/patch of PI?  It's unreasonable for customers to be expected to have to jockey around with settings for every device they want to add/sync.

3 Replies 3

Jim Crabb
Level 1
Level 1

Correction, there is an update that fixes it.  It would be helpful if the update was linked to from the bug entry, rather than the workaround.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284422771&softwareid=284272933&release=2.0.10&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all  (click on 2.0.0 version, "December Update, Prime Infrastructure 2.0" is what you want.)

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

had PI mess up over 2500 devices on my network, before I realised what was causing this. I have stopped PI and have no intention of using till I know of a perm. fix. working with our cisco acct. mgr to have good response to this - completely unacceptable behaviour and shows the complete lack of QA on cisco's part. this is my fourth bug in less than a month!

The update I linked to in my second post actually is a permanent fix.  Click on the link, then expand the "2" section and click on "2.0.0" and you'll see the "December Update, Prime Infrastructure 2.0".  No problems since I installed that.  Sucks you had so many affected - I was only testing on a small subset of my gear, so only a couple devices were affected.  Hope you're able to get things back on track!