cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuj09556 - PI 2.0 corrupts device config by doing snmp set for location after sync

Jim Crabb
Level 1
Level 1

This bug is marked as "fixed", but it's not.  There is a convoluted workaround for it.  Will it *actally* be fixed in a future release/patch of PI?  It's unreasonable for customers to be expected to have to jockey around with settings for every device they want to add/sync.

3 Replies 3

Jim Crabb
Level 1
Level 1

Correction, there is an update that fixes it.  It would be helpful if the update was linked to from the bug entry, rather than the workaround.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284422771&softwareid=284272933&release=2.0.10&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all  (click on 2.0.0 version, "December Update, Prime Infrastructure 2.0" is what you want.)

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

had PI mess up over 2500 devices on my network, before I realised what was causing this. I have stopped PI and have no intention of using till I know of a perm. fix. working with our cisco acct. mgr to have good response to this - completely unacceptable behaviour and shows the complete lack of QA on cisco's part. this is my fourth bug in less than a month!

The update I linked to in my second post actually is a permanent fix.  Click on the link, then expand the "2" section and click on "2.0.0" and you'll see the "December Update, Prime Infrastructure 2.0".  No problems since I installed that.  Sucks you had so many affected - I was only testing on a small subset of my gear, so only a couple devices were affected.  Hope you're able to get things back on track!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: