Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCve17188 - 8821 USB Charging Connector Metal Plate Falling

Hi,

Any one experiencig this problem and is there is permanent fix on new units?

Out of 300 Cisco 8821 devices we order early this year we currently have 10%-15% and counting with this problem.

4 Replies 4

Test67
Level 1
Level 1

Same boat here.  About 15-20% failure on these units.  New ones appear to have better adhesive connecting the metal plate to the phone.  My users have been so frustrated with this, they stopped reporting the issue, and are using rubber bands to secure the charger to the phone. 

kthomas72
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any fixes for this or know of any recalls? These phones are far too expensive to be having these kind of issues. Cisco really needs to resolve this. We called them and they wouldn't do anything. Basically told us we will have to buy another phone. Pretty disappointing phone over all. 

frank_wakelin
Level 1
Level 1

We have only deployed about 10 of these phones and have discovered this issue with 4 of them already.  I've opened a TAC case but I would like to know if Cisco has released a range of serial numbers experiencing this defect so we can check against our inventory which have not yet been deployed.

CWolf1
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone having this issue needs to contact their respective Cisco AM/SE.

Some companies don't purchase SNT with these units.  Normally, if this hardware issue appears within the warranty period, TAC will organize for an RMA.  However, if the warranty period runs out, things can get really, really difficult (if not impossible).  This is why contact the AM/SE to guarantee that if the metal plate should fall off something can be done.  In some cases, the entire lot (even the un-opened units) was shipped back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: