Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvf47808 - Key Reinstallation attacks against WPA protocol - 10

mohdshiraj1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

After upgrading from 8.2.141.0 to 8.3.130.0 we are facing issue with mobile connection to AP.

On new version some mobile is connected and some not able to connect.

now we have reverted back to old version and it is working fine

Any idea or new version is having any bugs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KRACK.png

Kindly delay with doing any upgrade to 8.3.131.0. During their testing phase (after the release) they found some issues affecting non-Wave 2 APs. They've found what the issue is and they're testing the new fix before releasing the fix version on 23 October 2017.
I have updated my earlier post of the ETA of the fix to reflect the new development.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KRACK.png

Kindly delay with doing any upgrade to 8.3.131.0. During their testing phase (after the release) they found some issues affecting non-Wave 2 APs. They've found what the issue is and they're testing the new fix before releasing the fix version on 23 October 2017.
I have updated my earlier post of the ETA of the fix to reflect the new development.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Software fix for the KRACK vulnerability is now available for download. They are 8.0.152.0, 8.2.164.0, 8.3.132.0 and 8.5.105.0.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mohdshiraj1 wrote:

Hi 

After upgrading from 8.2.141.0 to 8.3.130.0 we are facing issue with mobile connection to AP.

On new version some mobile is connected and some not able to connect.

now we have reverted back to old version and it is working fine

Any idea or new version is having any bugs.

A quick update to anyone reading this thread and intending to upgrade to 8.3.132.0:
Cisco TAC has recommended anyone to HOLD OFF upgrading to 8.3.132.0. TAC has identified a Severity 1 bug which causes the controller to crash after upgrading to 8.3.132.0.
There are no reported issues in regards to other versions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: