cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvf96789 - Key Reinstallation attacks against WPA protocol WAP321

Sporto
Level 1
Level 1

Knowing this unit has not seen an update for an eternity by technology standards, will it receive an update to address this problem?  We have many in service and I am sure we are not the only ones still using it.

PLEASE NOTE:  The post below by Leo is NOT for WAP321 units.  It is not relevant to this conversation at the moment.  Thank you for your input regarding the other units it does relate to however.  :-)

24 Replies 24

renewals1
Level 1
Level 1
I would hope so given that these units along with the smaller 121's are still being actively sold!

Yup we got a lot of them.  It seems the only option we have is giving customers the option to turn them off right now, and erm.... wait and see if Cisco give us a date for a fix.

Not inspiring a huge deal of confidence.

We have a few dotted around the estate and have had to turn them off until a patch is released. We are also actively looking at alternative vendors to replace the 321s.

Cisco, any update on a patch or whether there is going to be a patch??

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Software fix for the KRACK vulnerability is now available for download. They are 8.0.152.0, 8.2.164.0, 8.3.132.0 and 8.5.105.0.

@Leo Laohoo wrote:
Software fix for the KRACK vulnerability is now available for download. They are 8.0.152.0, 8.2.164.0, 8.3.132.0 and 8.5.105.0.

Latest I'm seeing is 1.0.6.5 (2016) anyone have a location for this new one?

Look under "All Releases".

These apply to a cisco 321?

Go HERE and look under "Latest".

I definitely don't see wap321 listed.

Mea culpa. Release for WAP321 is yet to be announced.

Awesome, I'll get back to turning them off then.

OK what's everyone replacing them with? I understand TP-link are patching.

Hey CISCO, 

What is happening with these? I see that they are supported until 2022:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/wap321-wireless-n-selectable-band-access-point-single-point-setup/model.html#~tab-community

When can we expect an update to patch the WPA2 issue?

Hi Cisco,

We need a firmware patch for Cisco WAP121! ASAP!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: