cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Highlighted
Community Member

CSCvg97979 - Side Channel Analysis vulnerability - M4 EP servers - 2

So, then, are we to presume that there is no "fixed" release?  Because the list of affected releases only contains the latest version of each of the major release numbers.  It says, for example, that 3.2.2d is an affected release.  But it also happens to be the latest released version.  So the instruction above that states the BIOS update contains the microcode update we need is inaccurate. It should say that the BIOS update will contain the microcode update once it is available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: CSCvg97979 - Side Channel Analysis vulnerability - M4 EP servers - 2

christopher.lister wrote:
Unfortunately, I work in the Defense industry so it is not acceptable to wait to apply such a fix. We waste a lot of time with bad "fixes" that we are forced to apply to remain in compliance with DISA standards.

If you work for a US defense agency, contact the Cisco AM because you've got a "hotline" straight to the horse's mouth.  We are mere mortals compared to the purchasing might of the US defense organizations.  

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Only Cisco will know how the fix will be delivered. I suspect, without any input from Cisco, the fix will be in form of a CIMC firmware that is due out on 18 February 2018.
Still fresh from the experience with the fix for KRACK, I personally would wait until two to three months AFTER this date to make sure the fix is "stable".
Community Member

Unfortunately, I work in the Defense industry so it is not acceptable to wait to apply such a fix. We waste a lot of time with bad "fixes" that we are forced to apply to remain in compliance with DISA standards.
Hall of Fame Super Blue

christopher.lister wrote:

If you work for a US defense agency, contact the Cisco AM because you've got a "hotline" straight to the horse's mouth.  We are mere mortals compared to the purchasing might of the US defense organizations.  

Community Member

LOL, yes we are from the "darkside" for sure. But, that said, I personally try to be good steward with the company's money since it is, ultimately, all taxpayer money originally. In fact, I speak regularly to our AM and he is as lost as everyone else with respect to this right now. From a support perspective, we pay additional for Cisco HTTS (High Touch Technical Support) which gives us a dedicated number, techs with clearances, 24x7 coverage, etc. and it is worth every penny, in my opinion. It is by far the easiest way to receive support I've ever seen.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content