cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvh85675 - Calendar invites are being moved to inline attachment when they are footer stamp

kleemisch
Level 1
Level 1

When is this going to get fixed?  This has impacted several of our users as we have a disclaimer added to every single email so our users know if an email is coming from the outside.  I need this fixed ASAP.

17 Replies 17

A workaround should be adding a message body in the content filter which does not add the disclaimer for now.

Via GUI you can do this;

condition 

1. Message Body - contains text : 
("(?i)text/calendar|BEGIN:VCALENDAR", 1)

or

2. Message Body - contains text : ("(?i)method=REQUEST|METHOD:REQUEST", 1)

Action: Skip Filters.

select: If one or more conditions match"

commit

--------------

If you are using CLI and working with message filters then you could do this:

MeetingRequest: if (body-contains("(?i)text/calendar|BEGIN:VCALENDAR", 1)) OR (body-contains("(?i)method=REQUEST|METHOD:REQUEST", 1)) {
                            log-entry("No Disclaimer");
                            skip-filters();
                        }

Try to bring this filter to a higher position than the other filters with disclaimers

But we all know this is only a workaround and not a fix and Cisco is already working on it.

The workaround does not work for all calendar invites I receive. Some of them look right, but others still show as attachments.

mark fitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation.  The options aren't really good options.  My invites are coming in blank, other than the subject. No attachments, no nothing.

I was able to resolve this by removing any disclaimers applied via the ironport appliances and apply them via Exchange transport rules.

Here our workaround for incoming calendar invites :

CLISkip_Footerv5: if (header("X-MS-Exchange-Calendar-Originator-Id")) OR ((header("x-ms-exchange-calendar-series-instance-id")) OR ((attachment-filename == "invite.ics") OR
((attachment-filename == ".ics$") OR ((header("X-Barracuda-RBL-Trusted-Forwarder")) OR (body-contains("BEGIN:VCALENDAR", 1)))))) {
skip-filters();
}

Hope that helps.

That filters support gmail, baracuda, office365, Lotus Notes and classical ICAL.

adamawenner
Level 1
Level 1
We're also seeing this hit on header stamps, not just footer stamps as indicated. Maybe the bug needs to be updated indicate that?

I was told by support that they are aware of both conditions.
We had them both 😊

mark fitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

This affects both inbound and outbound meeting invites, correct?  We apply disclaimers outbound, and we are seeing this behavior.

This only affected our outgoing meeting invites. All incoming invites worked as normal because no disclaimers/footers were added to the messages.

Ah thanks. So it is in both directions.  We first noticed it on inbound messages that we were adding headers to, based on content filters.  This is bad.

Yeah it definitely could affect incoming invites as well, if you're adding headers/footers that conflict with the coding of the message body.

I'm curious what headers you are adding to incoming invites?

Mostly spoof warnings, Also there are warnings about encrypted attachments, etc. Tags that tell people how to submit suspected phishing, etc.  

You are correct it impacts incoming and outgoing messages with calendar entries

kleemisch
Level 1
Level 1

The bug says the status is "fixed", however I do not see an updated version on Cisco's web site. Is this truly fixed?  In my ironport there is a version 11.1.0 build 072 available, but that doesn't show up on Cisco's web site either.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: