cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA NAT and %IP-4-DUPADDR: Duplicate address messages

e-bradley
Level 1
Level 1

Are the messages %IP-4-DUPADDR: Duplicate address expected with HA NAT? 

With Stateful NAT they were seen if the "redundancy GROUP_NAME" was not added to the static NAT. 

I am seeing them with a correctly configured HA NAT Box to Box set up and there does not seem to be anything missing that will stop the messages. 

Is this a bug?  Should the duplicate IP messages have been suppressed?

5 Replies 5

rodrigo.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

I have this problem too. I'm using IOS version "154-3.M1".

Do you have already solve this problem? If so, please share the solution with be. Are someone else hitting this problem?

I am seeing it too with c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M2.bin. Looks like there is a Bug ID CSCus37128.  They are calling it Severity 6 Enhancement. Does that mean it does not actually break anything?

There is a bug in this solution that I do not know if it is this ID share by you, but It reload the secondary router over and over again. We have a case open with TAC that was not solved yet and Cisco is not doing great effort to solve it.

Very interesting. I went into production last night with HA NAT and all of our failover testing went great. Thought things were good until my secondary router has a bus error and reloaded in the middle of the night. Thankfully it did not affect the production environment. How often are you seeing the reboot? Does it ever affect the primary?

Thanks for the response.

James,

We have implemented it in 3 customers, all of them got the same crash problem (just 10 customers in the world opened a ticket with TAC and just opened 3 of them).

It will happen a lot o times during the day. Be prepared. I didnt monitor the frequency but we needed to shut the secondary router down until Cisco do something to solve.

Unfortunately this is becoming very common with Cisco softwares. Not only with routers and switches, but with others solution too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: