Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber Phone Mode Breaks Presence for Outlook with Lync

Does anyone else suffer from this issue as identified in bug CSCui60268 where installing Jabber for use in phone mode breaks presence status for users while in Outlook? We use Microsoft Lync for our IM and presence. Normally within the MS Outlook client you can see presence for enterprise users that are on Lync. Once we install the Jabber client (currently version 10.5.0) it breaks the presence within Outlook. 

There is a registry fix that can be run that allows presence to work within Outlook again.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers]
"DefaultIMApp"="Lync"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers\Communicator]
"UpAndRunning"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers\Cisco Jabber]
"UpAndRunning"=dword:00000000

This registry changes corrects presence indicators within Outlook for that session. As soon as you close Outlook down and open it back up Jabber takes over. The presence status goes away and Jabber can be used to call users from within Outlook. The behavior is very inconsistent and can't be deployed in the current fashion.

I am just curious if others are having this same issue and what they may be doing about it.

• Cisco Bug Discussions
7 REPLIES

I have the same problem at

I have the same problem at some of my customers. They are using Jabber Video (Movi) at the moment and want to migrate to Jabber for Windows. Unfortunately some of them are using Lync so they cannot migrate to Jabber, because even in Phone-Only mode Jabber breaks the Lync presence.

I hope Cisco will fix this issue soon.

I know it doesn't make sense to have two competing products installed, but some customer decisions are political and I as a integrator have to deal with it.

Please check this post for

Please check this post for some updates on a similar topic. It was fixed for us.

josephprashant@hotmail.com -

josephprashant@hotmail.com - can you elaborate or provide the link to the "fix"?  I don't see any updates on this post. 
Thank you,
DB

Yeah, same issue here. There

Yeah, same issue here. There's no way to stop Jabber from changing that registry value other than removing 'full access' to that registry entry but that seems crazy.

Disabling inheritance and only allow your account to 'read' the entry seems to work for me.

I have the same exact issue

I have the same exact issue with Jabber for Windows 10.5.3 and OCS 2007 R2. 

We found a solution for the

We found a solution for the problem.

Please look in this thread: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12361916/jabber-phone-mode-breaks-lync-presence-outlook

Best regards

Alex

Thank you Alex. Yes,

Thank you Alex. Yes, deploying with CLICK2X=DISABLE switch prevents this from happening, however if it was deployed without it then the registry needs to be modified and in my case modifying the keys mentioned above wasnt enough, I had to also modify this one:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Call Integration]
"IMApplication"="Communicator.exe"

Communicator.exe is to bring back OCS presence integration with Outlook.

Views
Helpful
Replies