Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Nexus1000v on Hyper-V adding a VEM to a Host failed

Hi all,

I have Hyper-V host with Wndows server 2012 R2 installed on it and System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2. I was installed Nexus1000v VSM manually. Everything is OK but when I try to add Virtual Switch to a Hyper-V host a get error message on SCVMM 2012R2:

Error (25138)

The following required drivers (9c8ed422-f33a-4f34-b771-e8b8d0539fd3) are not found, or the installation packages (MSI files) with the supported version are not found.

Recommended Action

Reinstall the configuration provider for the virtual switch extension manager that supplies these drivers.

I am alredy copied Nexus1000V-VEM-5.2.1.SM1.5.1.0.msi file to a specified location C:\ProgramData\Switch Extension Drivers on a Hyper-V host.

Something is wrong???

If you have any ideas please answer on this mail.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Hyper-V N1k doesn't currently support Windows 2012 R2.  My guess is that it is looking for the MSI for R2 but can't find it (since it's not supported)

The next release is currently in Beta and is due out within the next month.

2 REPLIES

The Hyper-V N1k doesn't currently support Windows 2012 R2.  My guess is that it is looking for the MSI for R2 but can't find it (since it's not supported)

The next release is currently in Beta and is due out within the next month.

Thank you for information Christopher. I'm waiting for next release of the Nexus 1000v for Windows Server 2012 R2.

Best regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content