Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

STATIC NAT Problem on IOS 15.x

Few are the issues that I am facing on IOS Version 15 and Cisco 1941 Router , this router is currently in production on clients.

• •1.        I do PAT on router interface , and it has public IP on it , when I send  request to Internet via Browser from LAN client , Page does not open  and when I check  NAT TRANSLATION on router , Router does translate the  packets. The work around I found is that when I disabled CEF on router ,  Web starts browsing ,  Why does this happen and why I need to disable  CEF ?

• •2.        I have Public IP Pool its subnet mask is /29 , one of the Public IP  from this pool is live on the interface. When I perform STATIC NAT a web  server resides in LAN , then I can access this server from anywhere in  the world by IP.

After  few days Static NAT stopped working , I again Static NAT it on other  Public IP , the same issue rise again , I am not able to access this  server from Internet. This issue has been faced at two clients.   The  same pool i have checked on 1841 router and static nat works fine on the  same public IP .  

I have upgraded the IOS as well to version 15.1 but  STATIC NAT issue is not solved.

Please Help me out in this regard.

I would be grateful

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

STATIC NAT Problem on IOS 15.x

Hello!

This forum is to discuss specific bugs and the bug toolkit/bug sarch tool.  This question is probably better asked in "Wan, Routing and Switching" or with a TAC case.

To increase the chance of getting an answer, you should provide the exact version of software and relevant configuration snippets.

A quick check on the Bug Search tool on "cef nat" may help.  I see a few candidate bugs when I do that.

Bug search tool: https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss

Views
Helpful
Replies