Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Temp Workaround for Bug CSCun19415 - SPA 504G Transfer stopped by incoming calls

We have found that if you turn the CW Setting (User, Supplementary Services, CW Setting) to "No", then this provides a workaround for this issue. Obviously, there is a loss of functionality of the Call Waiting feature on all lines since this is a macro setting for the phone. However, until a bug fix for this issue (it is NOT an enhancement) comes out this does provide a good workaround. This also provides a workaround for the discussion on this support forum labeled "SPA 504G Transfer stopped by incoming calls".

Bob Conner

1 REPLY

At least in our case this is

At least in our case this is not a valid workaround, for we need our operator (only one person) to know how many calls are waiting.

I agree completely: it is a bug, and not an enhancement. The second incoming call interrupts and aborts the transfer process associated to the previous call. It is amazing that so many firmware upgrades has been released since this behaviour was detected, and it is still here unresolved.

My only workaround is using an old Linksys SPA942 (which works as expected) or another brand's model.

My need: A multi-line SIP terminal for an operator to distribute the calls. And, as bizarre as it may sound, this cannot be addressed with CISCO (at least with 50x series).

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content