Views
Helpful
Replies

Career Guidance

kiku47001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working as a trainee network engineer in a small organization since one year.I did not do any certification so far.Now i have got some idea on networking and its branches, and of-course i knew the basic concepts in CCNA R&S,Voice,Security.These days i am worrying about my future ,as i am unable to find the best path to track my career.

I know that initially i should do my CCNA.Then what next ?

Some say Voice is the good option and some say Security would be better.

Which part of Networking can make my career glorious and secured ?

Kindly Suggest .

Thanks in advance :)

4 Replies 4

zyordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kiku,

The CCNA R&S would be a great first start. It's quite a difficult test, and there's a lot you need to know for it. You can take it in two parts, ICND1 & ICND2. If both parts together are too much information to study for at once, take the tests separately. Once you pass both tests, that's your CCNA right there.

After that, it just depends on your personal interests. If you're interested in Voice technology, or a provider that deals mostly with voice, you should do that. If you're looking to focus on security, you could do that as well. Note that if you're looking just to take the CCNA Voice or CCNA Security, you only need the ICND1 (CCENT) and not the ICND2.

These technologies are so broad that they cover quite a bit of ground. Just the fact that you have your CCNA will help set you apart from the crowd.

Heck, if you find yourself really enjoying the CCNA R&S, you could even go for the CCNP as well.

Hope that helps!

-Zach

Hi,

We have unpublished the content. 

If you have any more questions on this topic, suggest you check out the Cisco Learning Network Community, they will be able to help answer anything specific about any of the exams or certifications.

Thanks,

Naga

johnmkaranja021
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think you should visit Learncisco.net - they got great content and practice tests.

Cheers,

John

Bigoncisco
Level 1
Level 1

Check this site for extensive information about CCNA cerifications, CCENT, ICND1&2. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: