Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Career guide inquiries

I moved into Rockford Illinois recently from Nigeria. I have completed a CCNA EXPLORATION: Network Fundamentals in March 29, 2012 under University Of Port Harcourt Cisco Academy, I have also done a training on CCNA with Indian Institute of  Hardware Technology (IIHT). But in all of these, I did not have a field experience as I have always wanted and it makes me lack confidence in the area of work.

Now that I'm here in United States, I want to be guided, retrained and Certified, and build a networking career with Cisco. I'm a graduate of Computer science. Please I need someone to guide me through this process and I'm very grateful for this great opportunity to be here. Thank you. 

2 Replies 2

@justiceindomitable congratulations on your relocation. I'm happy to hear you have already completed some Cisco certifications - that's a great start to building your networking career.

Since you mentioned lacking confidence due to lack of hands-on experience, I would recommend looking for entry-level networking roles or internships where you can gain that practical experience. Many companies offer on-the-job training programs as well. Getting any type of professional experience, even if not directly with Cisco equipment, will help strengthen your skills.

In addition, check Cisco's website in areas such as Learning @ Cisco, Cisco U and Cisco DevNet to get some hands on experience.There may also be networking meetups or tech events in the area that could help you connect with others in the field. As you start gaining experience, you can then work towards getting certified for the specific Cisco track you're interested in such as the CCNA etc…

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thank you for your email, and yes it help a lot.

Please how can I have access to packet tracer for my practices? I will do
as you suggest.