Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ID and Cisco.com ID

RJSmith92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I created an account with Pearson VUE and it asked for my Cisco ID, which I said I didn't know as I haven't taken a Cisco exam before. Today I created an account on the Cisco.com website to get access to some of the labs.

Just to confirm the account that I created on Cisco.com has nothing to do with the Cisco ID on Pearson VUE (which currently is pending)?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that's correct. The Pearson 'CSCO' ID is completely separate from your cisco.com as a userid. That's why you need to establish it independently with Pearson VUE.

It is used for certification tracking and has no bearing on your entitlements and activities on cisco.com com.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

RJSmith92
Level 1
Level 1

Think I've got it, the Cisco ID for Pearson VUE is the one that begins with 'CSCO' and is not the account used for Cisco.com.

Yes, that's correct. The Pearson 'CSCO' ID is completely separate from your cisco.com as a userid. That's why you need to establish it independently with Pearson VUE.

It is used for certification tracking and has no bearing on your entitlements and activities on cisco.com com.

i have forgot my screen name anzd password to login and download my cisco certificate

Ok, but, wat are the steps to get or know the cisco ID?

First you have to go Cisco.com and register there as a guest, partner or customer for example You can find more information about partner registration here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/partners/downloads/registration-help-nov2018.pdf

If you still have questions, then I recommend you email web-help@cisco.com for assistance with updating your Cisco.com account information.

hello,

i have an issue with cisco id too,

i have two cisco id now and old one with which i have ccna, ccnp certificate,

a new one i got when i opened another pearson vue accout, in order to do my cisco SCOR exam. 

what should i do to merge them togather, because my old certificates are out of date and it should be renwed when i get ccnp security certificate.

could you help me please to solve the issue

hey Barakat,

have you got it solved, I`m facing the same issue.