Views
Helpful
Replies

connection problem

salqaissy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All , 

please i need your help about my issue , im already want to make CCNA Voice lab , already installed the GNS3 & VMware ,  build a 3725 router and connected it to the cloud (through vmware network adapter vmnet1) , and already configured the DHCP inside the router , 2 windows 7 machines there . 

what im having now --- the two  virtual  units never get the ip address from the DHCP and all vmware setting is correct . 

when trying to setup a static ip to the virtual units , im able to ping from the pc to router but cant ping from router to the pc(virtual pc) and really im  confused and cannot do anything for that .

2 Replies 2

rvasquezmc
Level 1
Level 1

If you remember ICMP process after you send a ping it has to come back with a reply originating from the other host. So you should be able to ping from the router as well.

MANISH Yadav
Level 1
Level 1

1.Go to Edit --> Virtual network Editor --> Make type as host only.

2.On vm machine setting select host only option under network adapter setting.

3.Then Give IP address on VM and as well on local PC vmnet adapter same ip ex.192.168.16.42

4.Firewall off of both vmware machine and local PC.

Hope my comment somewhat helpful to you. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: