Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Final year of Uni - Where Do I Start with Jobs?!

Any tips on where to start?! Becoming increasingly frustrated with job applications. There seem to be 1000's of software engineering roles out there which I have no experience in and only the odd few CCNA level or Graduate networking jobs available which is what I want to start with. Im beginning to think my lack of experience isnt helping. I work a retail part time job, its enabled me to run a car and let me have a social life. The only experience I have is with the racks at uni and the knowlege ive got from CCNA/CCNP related Studies. I could go work for my local ISP in the call centre, but as pathetic as this might sound theres literally no where to park anywhere near it so commuting will either be expensive or a major inconvenience. So what do I do, hang tight until I finish uni and then start applying or do I keep at it?

Anyone got any ideas on where or what I should be looking for? Maybe some websites or grad schemes I might have over looked?

Views
Helpful
Replies