Views
Helpful
Replies

Total Newbie to Networking

gcaraballonwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Im a 35 yrd old guy looking for a totally new career change... Im looking into networking and VoIP and will like you guys to help me to build my learning path.  I'm from the business management world with a pretty basic, vanilla flavor, knowledge on networking and VoIP.  My question is where to start?   For the past month I've been looking all around the internet trying to find a self teach path that can get me from a newbie to a network engineer but no luck yet. Everywhere I start reading it feels that I'm missing something that was suppose a pre-requisite for it.

Is there any help you can provide me to build a learning path?  I dont have a big budget and mostly I will self teach.

Many thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You will really interested in this new career field, networking and IT managements is fun and Enjoyable.

You will need to start with downloading Cisco packet tracer, it free. also try to download and discover wireshark. always your best friend for self-study is Google. and this cisco community will be your foundation with this new career field.

Good luck.