roger perkin
Level 2
Level 2

I have setup a few CSR 1000v routers on an ESXi 5.1 server

I have followed the instructions to enable the virtual serial port

I enabled the virtual serial port in the Firewall of esxi

However when I connect to the virtual serial port telnet://esxiip:2001

I get "The remote system refused the connection"

Do I need to configure anything on the router to make this work?

Thanks

Roger

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicholas Oliver
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roger,

It depends on whether you've previously booted the CSR1000V.  If you did not select the serial console at the GRUB menu on the first boot you must configure platform console serial, save the config and reboot.  Here is a reference to the config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/configuration/csr1000Vswcfg/csrboot.html#pgfId-1307796

Hope that helps,

Nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicholas Oliver
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roger,

It depends on whether you've previously booted the CSR1000V.  If you did not select the serial console at the GRUB menu on the first boot you must configure platform console serial, save the config and reboot.  Here is a reference to the config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/configuration/csr1000Vswcfg/csrboot.html#pgfId-1307796

Hope that helps,

Nick

Thanks Nick,

I now configure the serial port and do not even open up the vmware console - working like a charm.

Roger

Roger,

I agree.  I prefer setting up the serial port and connecting to the device console directly rather than going through the vmware console.

-Nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: