Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AutoCAD Files

I'm looking for any AutoCAD blocks or 2d plans that can be used for design work. The company I work for designs education and commercial networks for clients and we specify cisco product quite often. We don't use Visio, so your Visio icons are of no help to me. We do all of our rack elevations in 2d drawings using AutoDesk products. I've read in other forums that Cisco doesn't release CAD drawings to the general public. If it requires our company to sign a release so that we can have the drawings that can be arranged. We would really like to use the actual drawings for certain switches that we use on a regular basis. 

I'm not sure why, but Cisco seems to be the last hold out for supplying network designers with actual cad drawings. Not to mention BIM models. With BIM becoming more and more prevalent, Cisco needs to get with the times and release their own BIM models with their specifications written into them. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the company that creates the best BIM models with the most complete information will see the best results from a specifiers poitn of view.

Please let me know where or how I can obtain the CAD drawings for your equipment. We don't need drawings of the inside of the box, just what the outside looks like.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content