cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Series pad(packet assembler/disassembler) support?

kiduk1016
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm sorry I did not speak English. I would like help

There is a problem with the nexus security settings.

Questions

1. IOS command no service pad -> Nexus command ???

2. Does nexus not support pad?

*3. I need data or documentation that the nexus does not support the pad.
     For example, the cisco document

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PAD service was a legacy service for X.25 networks that older IOS versions had enabled by default.

The newer NX-OS plaftorm never had it as an option so disabling it is also not an option. Cisco does not publish a list of things they don't do as that would be infinitely long. 

However if you consult the Cisco guide to Securing NX-OS Software devices you will see the listing of things they do recommend:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/security-center/securing-nx-os.html

They also note in that document the following:

As a general security best practice, disable any unnecessary services. Cisco NX-OS does not run any of the typical Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or User Datagram Protocol (UDP) small servers often found in Cisco IOS Software or other network operating systems by default.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PAD service was a legacy service for X.25 networks that older IOS versions had enabled by default.

The newer NX-OS plaftorm never had it as an option so disabling it is also not an option. Cisco does not publish a list of things they don't do as that would be infinitely long. 

However if you consult the Cisco guide to Securing NX-OS Software devices you will see the listing of things they do recommend:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/security-center/securing-nx-os.html

They also note in that document the following:

As a general security best practice, disable any unnecessary services. Cisco NX-OS does not run any of the typical Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or User Datagram Protocol (UDP) small servers often found in Cisco IOS Software or other network operating systems by default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: