cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connections between routers not functioning

John Anderson
Level 4
Level 4

I recently installed the CML demo. I am able to create and activate topologies, but it seems like there is no actual functioning connection between nodes. The interfaces are up, CDP is enabled, but I can't get pings or CDP through.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply...

I think you have done the configuration manually... i have checked the attached file it shows multiple AUSCE3845-01 router configuration. please confirm which is the latest configuration of AUSCE3845-01.

can you try to configure with AutoNetKit and launch the simulation then try to ping.

- Vidyasagar.

View solution in original post

Thanks again. I ended up scrapping that topology and recreating from scratch. For some reason the connections worked the second time.

John

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vpandill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John, can I know process which you fallowed for creating and activating topology? and which IP you are trying to ping?

- Vidyasagar.

Hello Vidyasagar,

Thanks for responding. I just attached the virl file in question if that helps.

I created the topology through the editor on OSX, and then did the connections between each router in the GUI.

I then no shut the interfaces and added IPs via the console. I'm trying to ping between AUSCE6509-01 and AUSCE3845-01, 10.1.254.17 and 10.1.254.18

Thanks again.

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply...

I think you have done the configuration manually... i have checked the attached file it shows multiple AUSCE3845-01 router configuration. please confirm which is the latest configuration of AUSCE3845-01.

can you try to configure with AutoNetKit and launch the simulation then try to ping.

- Vidyasagar.

Thanks again. I ended up scrapping that topology and recreating from scratch. For some reason the connections worked the second time.

John

i've gad this a couple of times, either rebuild or in some cases i've seen a shut no shut work. 

also seen dot1q and cryto issues on csr images, changed nic to e1000 in image settings and seemed to fix. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: