cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3 - list of BSSIDs?

Timothy Lam
Level 1
Level 1

How to obtain a complete list of all BSSIDs in Prime?  We were given a list of BSSIDs from a recent security audit.  We need to validate that list against a list of all valid BSSIDs to determine which BSSIDs are rogues and which one is legitimate.  I don't see any report that can be ran in Prime to extract that information.

I can manually check a few BSSIDs by removing the last octet and searching Prime for the matching AP's base Radio MAC address if it is not a rogue.  I can then ssh to the wireless controller and run the command show ap wlan 802.11b/802.11a [AP Name] to list all of the BSSIDs use by that AP on the 11b and 11a radios.  But how do I get a complete list from Prime?  I would believe that information is there somewhere since Prime has rogue detection.

1 Reply 1

routeinet1
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking for BSSID in WLC4400 but I'm getting following log. AP model is AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9.

I'm not sure if this is limitations with the IOS or Configuration issue ???

(LAX-WLANCTRL-1A) >show ap wlan 802.11a CHRE-R

Cisco AP is not in override mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: