cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity Fails from an undocked laptop

CHRIS KALETH
Level 5
Level 5

We are noticing when a user undocks their Lenovo W7 laptop and try to use proximity it won't detect the SX unit.  If they reboot it works fine.  Anyone else have this issue and is there a workaround (users would rather connect a cable than reboot).  All laptops that are not docked work fine. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

as mneergaa says, we've seen similar issues earlier. I had this personally pretty bad with my X230; not everytime, but say 1 of 2 undocking attempts, my audio driver "disappeared". Eg; no programs could record audio (not limited to Proximity). You can verify by right-clicking speaker icon in the notification area, then "Recording devices". In my case (and a few co-workers with the same laptop and Cisco image), the list of recording devices were *empty* after dock-undock (or at least doc/undock a few more times). Reboot was the only way to resolve it for me.

Had to debug with internal IT, did several attempts to upgrade audio drivers from Lenovo. 

Again—this is unfortunately not something we can affect/control; if the laptop loses the audio device, there is no way for Proximity to listen to the audio tokens.

Best regards,
Henrik

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sorry, but I don't think we have that specific Lenovo model available. We saw similar issues on some other laptops for a while, but that apparently sorted itself out. Quite possibly a Windows audio driver issue. Do you know if the dock includes a USB audio card, or just a microphone port?

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

as mneergaa says, we've seen similar issues earlier. I had this personally pretty bad with my X230; not everytime, but say 1 of 2 undocking attempts, my audio driver "disappeared". Eg; no programs could record audio (not limited to Proximity). You can verify by right-clicking speaker icon in the notification area, then "Recording devices". In my case (and a few co-workers with the same laptop and Cisco image), the list of recording devices were *empty* after dock-undock (or at least doc/undock a few more times). Reboot was the only way to resolve it for me.

Had to debug with internal IT, did several attempts to upgrade audio drivers from Lenovo. 

Again—this is unfortunately not something we can affect/control; if the laptop loses the audio device, there is no way for Proximity to listen to the audio tokens.

Best regards,
Henrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: