cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Started Guide For Proximity

Dave Bohn
Level 1
Level 1

Where can you find the getting started guide for Proximity?  I see the FAQ section, but nothing to download.  It works great on a MX200G2, but i want to see how it works on a C60, C40 and an EX60 and I don't see the experimental mode tab in the admin config now. Did everything go over the API setup process with TC7.2.0?

21 Replies 21

Hi

November 2015 is the current target. There are currently no specific target date unfortunately.

I was a bit too quick in my previous reply, I realize that there where no dates or targets communicated here :).  Sorry for being vague and not useful :(.

/Magnus

One way to look at it is, Proximity and CE8 will be ready when they're ready, as they both go hand in hand.  Rather wait to have a polished product than something that is rushed and full of bugs.

Yes, that's understood, since this feature is part of the CE8 release.  I'm not saying they should rush it, but 5 months is like throwing a stone at a tin can 10 feet away and hitting the next town (actually the stone is still in flight).  Surely that's terrible planning in anyone's book?

Don't forget that CE8 won't be on the older devices (C20/40/60/90, EX60/90, etc), and only on the newer SX/MX endpoints.

And, even with an SX20, if you have one with a TRC5 remote control, you'll need to purchase the new TRC6 remote (~$150 US List price) - so you may not want to upgrade quite as quickly as you thought you did.

Again, similar for the Touch 8 - you'll need to be using a Touch 10 with CE8.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

That is great additional information and definitely good to know. Thanks for the response. 

"And, even with an SX20, if you have one with a TRC5 remote control, you'll need to purchase the new TRC6 remote"

Whoa - wasn't aware of that one - so that'll mean no CE8 for any of our SX20s then. :(

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Yep - and all the re-training we'll have to do as the whole UI is changed - I don't think we'll be rushing to this any time soon.  But, on the positive side, It's good to see the phonebook appears on the screen in a larger font which makes it easier to read at a distance.  This was one of the major complaints from our end users when we moved from the Edge 95 MXPs to SX20s - the font size on the SX20 phonebook was too small to read on a 46" panel from 15 feet away (the Edge 95 showed full screen).

Wayne

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: