cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is MacBook Pro 14" M1 supported by Proximity 4?

Ola Friis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

My old Intelmac work fine with Proximity still but my new MacBook Pro 14" M1 does not "hear" the MX300 G2 conferencing system, or any other of our Ciscos. I see that proximity 4.0.0 is Intel compiled, is it tested for M1/M2:s? My old Intelmac still works fine with Proximity, using same latest MacOS.

//Ola

5 Replies 5

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, we don't have any of the new Apple hardware. There shouldn't be anything about the processor unit that prevents us from decoding ultrasound, but there might be changes to the microphone or other audio hardware that prevents ultrasound pickup... Sorry that we don't have a conclusive answer.

Alex Raja
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I tried multiple ways all the possibilities. Seems that Cisco not yet developed the Cisco Proximity in New Hardware machines. I have M2 MacBook Pro which is not compatible to share the screen. 

Indeed, are we that few using this feature? I really miss it, used it a lot before. Still monitoring if there are any update to fix this, but nothing yet.

andregomesist
Level 1
Level 1

I’m also facing the same issue. MacBook Air m2 air here. It seems that it has to do with only m1/m2 macs, since my older MacBook Air with Intel i5 works with no issues. 

is there a fix on the roadmap?

thanks 

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is (as far as I know) nothing that should prevent the app from working on Apple silicon. There may be other changes to the hardware that means it can't pick up the pairing, but the project is currently not being prioritized, and the only client being actively developed is the Webex app.

This is subject to change, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sorry.