cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows and OSX support for Proximity

Frank Cosgrove
Level 1
Level 1

Edit, Dec 2015: Proximity for Windows and Mac is now available from http://proximity.cisco.com

Is there an install for Windows and OSX support for Proximity.

I have upgraded all of my endpoints to TC7.1.2. (SX, C Series, EX) and Proximity is working great however most of my users bring laptops to meetings not iOS devices.

Any timeframe ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From what I've observed Windows and MAC proximity clients are only for Cisco internal testing, no public testing or release is available and most likey won't be until it's fully released along side the CE8 endpoint software.

I know on the Proximity webpage they mention the first half of 2015, but as we all know, as development and testing progresses, timeframes for a release can very well change than what was planned.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

dshumake
Level 4
Level 4

You should not need the Proximity app.  Just go to your web browser and type in the ip address. 

then go into call control....

This is assuming that you do not lock down your codec with a username and password, correct? I do not think any enterprise would recommend this as a solution to their customers. Having a Mac and Windows APP is a great idea.

Hi all,

I've search for Intellegent Proximity software for Windows and OSX (Beta version),

but I can't find it,

Can you please share the download link for those Intellegent Proximity software for Windows and OSX (Beta version) if you have it.

Ovindo

I couldn't find it either 

Here

https://proximity.cisco.com/

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@dshumake; nice try ;) (thanks for being forgiving with us)

@ablaisdell; agree!

@fcosgrove; we are currently starting a limited trial for Win and Mac clients (EFT, part of TC 7.3). The main feature for the laptop client is sharing FROM your laptop to the video endpoint, so you can skip the cable, dongles etc in the room.

We do have plans for supporting call control and content receive to the laptop as well, but that's later. 

The first PC & Mac version has target for first half 2015, but is subject to change (as in: not yet committed).

Br,
Henrik

This is great news Henrik!! Thank you for the speedy reply!!!!

Looking forward to all the great features and simplicity this app is bringing to the conferencing world!

-Aaron

Hi Henrik,

Any updates on Cisco Proximity for Windows and Mac, Alpha or Beta ready for testing?

It is very confusing that Cisco already boast about how this feature is already available, even though we know it is not.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/intelligent-proximity.html

Hi ablaisdell,

Cisco Proximity for content sharing is supported by mobile devices and wireless sharing from laptops (Macs and PCs) ... it requires Collaboration Endpoint Software 8.0 or later.

Check this link.

Hope this helps.

From what I've observed Windows and MAC proximity clients are only for Cisco internal testing, no public testing or release is available and most likey won't be until it's fully released along side the CE8 endpoint software.

I know on the Proximity webpage they mention the first half of 2015, but as we all know, as development and testing progresses, timeframes for a release can very well change than what was planned.

Hi Patrick Sparkman,

thanks for sharing (+5 for that) ... I hope that Cisco release the CE8.0 asap (the full use of Proximity is what all my customers are asking for) and also that we can use it in the SX10.

Regards.

Hi Patrick,

it looks like that CE8.0 will be available on the Q4 of 2015.

Regards.

Hi,

the new CE8.0 version is available. Take a look at the following link.

Regards.

I'd like to be part of beta testing if possible, I have all shipping endpoints bar the IX5000 (so far)