cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Support Case Manager (web)

thomascollins
Level 3
Level 3

I know this forum is about mobile apps, but I wasn't sure where to post this.

Has anyone had trouble with the new web version of the Support Case Manager?  I use various flavors of IE (v10 mostly.  Would love to use something else, but this is a corporate image.  Two things I have problems with...

-When entering a new ticket, the Case Description gives me a lot of trouble.  The cursor is slow to respond, and if I enter a lot of text, the box doesn't scroll down to the bottom.  I have a paragraph of text, but the text box is still showing the first few sentances, not showing the bottom, so I can't continue to enter text.  I have to prepare everything in Notepad, then copy/paste. 

-In the old version it was pretty easy to see all my companies open SRs (even ones I didn't open).  I can still do it with the Advanced Filter, but it would be great if you could save those queries or make that one of the pre-defined drop down options. 

If

If

If this isn't the right place to direct this feedback, let me know where I should go.

Thanks,

Tom

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried using IE's Compatibility View to view the Case Manager? I find this fixes a lot of those text box issues on web sites.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

David Dube
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

I apologize for the slow response from our side. I've just sent an email to the Product Manager for the SCM tool. He may end up reaching out to you directly.

FWIW... (inserting shameless plug) you can get to your company's open support cases fairly easy with the Cisco Tech Support mobile app. From the app's home screen

• Tap on "Support Cases" then "Search Cases"
  • Scroll to the bottom and immediately tap on "Search" without changing any setting

We've set the default options of the search mechanism to search for any open case opened against contracts that you are associated with, regardless of severity, that was updated within the last 30 days. Given the breadth of the search, it could take a few seconds.

There's a brief part on support case search in a video demo of the app I recently put together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJVR3BqV9As

You do have the option to search by keyword in the title or description, contract #, ccoid (if you want to look for a specific co-worker's cases), or case number. Leaving the search field empty is essentially a wildcard and will match against everything. You can further filter by severity, when cases were updated/opened, etc.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Dave

Hey thanks Dave, the shameless plug worked.  I downloaded the Android version of the mobile app, and it's great.  Very fast, love the searches. 

The only problem for me is I tend to work off my desktop (no tablets here).  So to open a new case I'd be manually re-entering data like the serial number on my phone, instead of copy/paste on my PC.  I suppose a barcode scanner on the mobile app would be a nice feature to help with that problem.

So I suppose for now I'm stuck with the desktop tool for opening cases, uploading logs, etc.  But I still love the look/feel of the mobile app, and can see myself using it for checking status and updating cases. 

Thanks for the Feedback Thomas!

A barcode scanner for help opening up support cases is definitely on our Roadmap. I hope to have some good news on that front before the end of the calendar year.

I completely understand on the case opening piece. One way some people (more for remote scenarios) have been using the app for case opening is to get the initial information into a case, and submit it so it can get routed and into the queue sooner than later. If they happen to have logs that are accessible from an apache server, they access their log from safari, copy/paste the contents into an email and send it to attach@cisco.com with Case in the subject, and it will then get attached to the case. Admittedly, a lot of which depends on your environment (local/remote, at multiple sites, etc).

FWIW, a couple neat hints as you use the app...

When looking at the case details screen...

• Below the assigned TAC Engineer's name is a hyperlink to call/email the engineer directly.
  • If the case has an RMA attached to it, you can pull up the RMA details, track your replacement parts and even initiate the return process

Lastly... when viewing a "details" screen (Case, Note, RMA, etc), you can swipe horizontally to move from one case to the next (if you have multiples).

After you've had a chance to use the app a bit more, I'd be interested in hearing any additional feedback you might have.

Regards,

Dave

pamandav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

I am the new Product Manger for the Support Case Manager (SCM) application, and will try to direct you towards resolution of this issue.

First - Are you using any Citrix Client or VM application to launch the browser and run SCM? What operating system is this browser launched from? We have observed this issue on Citrix clients, and it is registered as a known bug/error.

Second - The following are the recommended browsers and corresponding versions for SCM:

BrowserVersion

Microsoft Internet Explorer

8, 9
Mozilla FireFox10 and Above
Google Chrome20 and above
Safari5 and above

Have you tried with these recommended versions? IE10 is not fully supported yet.

Finally - the option of saving queries in the Advanced Fileter is an enhancement request thats is also registered on our list of product enhancements. It will be prioritized amongst other requests and then implemented in a future release. At this time, we do not have the visibility of an exact date of such feature additions.

Thanks,

Pavan Mandava

Hello Pavan, thanks for the reply.

Yes -- we do use Citrix (XenApp 6.5) to launch the browser (Server OS is W2K8 R2).   Glad it's already a known issue, thanks.

I've just tested IE (8 and 10) and Firefox locally and it seems to perform much better.  That's not an option on our standard corporate image, but will be a sufficient workaround.

And thanks for the update on the enhancement request.  I'll be looking forward to that in a future release.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: