cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual ISPs on single cisco router attached to asa firewall outside and then core switch inside

Ahsan Munir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

We have two ISP. with the following IP address    ISP1= x.x.x.x and ISP2=y.y.y.y to provide us internet. we are using following equipment :

• Cisco router
  • ASA firewall 5505 newer 8.4 version
  • Layer 3 switch
  • 2 access switches layer 2

Topology attached..

Topology scenario : I want to attach two ISp links with my router one link will be active and the other one will be use as a backup link.Then i have a ASA firewall 5505 for security appliances that will be install between Layer 3 switch and in Router.

Outside(security 0) interface of a ASA attached to Router and Inside(security 100) interface attached to Layer 3 switch then further i want to create 2 Vlans in Layer 3 switch.

My questions are:

1. How can i connect two ISP's with my router, One as a active link and one as a backup link.
  2.  How can i connect my ASA firewall to  router with outside interface of asa.
  3. How can i  connect Layer 3 switch to inside interface of ASA firewalls
  4. How can i connect 2 access switch with my layer 3 switch, one in vlan1 and the other in vlan2

What configuration i have to do with with all devices in my topology.

Please Help me I,m new In My field Its my first project.

I have Much knowledge but I'm confuse.

Thank you in advance

1 Reply 1

Hello

For your dual IPS's you don’t mention if you using default or dynamic routing?

I have attached a sample configuration that you could work against to give you an idea of what needs to be accomplished, its based on a static routing between your ISP's and a single connection between your site rtr-fw-l3 switch.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card