Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber PC in a tablet with WIN 8 Pro 32Bits

davidplus1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If i's possible, I would like you to help me with the following problem. We are going to deploy a solution BE6000 to one of our customers. We want to use Jabtber PC voice and video on this tablet: HP ElitePad 900 http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/elitepad/overview.html

We have tried the jabber on this tablet and it works perfectly, it is a windows 8 pro 32 bit, but we have a little problem. Jabber, rear camera only recognizes the tablet and there is no option to switch to the front camera for video calls. We want to know if there is any solution to make the Jabber recognizes the front camera of the tablet.

We have tried to connect an external camera to the tablet (Cisco Movi) and the Jabber had recognized a second camera in external mode.

I hope you'll help us, thank you very much.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi David,

There have been plenty of others reporting similar issues.  These seem to be related to the way the cameras on the Atom based tablets work.  Check out this thread, specifically Marek's post, which may help explain in more detail.

In short, if the tablet has an Atom processor, Jabber isn't going to work at this time.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Further to your question David, Cisco have released version 4.7 now.  There's also bug CSCuh73158 mentioned in the release notes which specifically refers to your HP ElitePad 900 tablets.

Symptom:

Compatibility of Atom based processors are causing issues with not displaying the front built-in camera.

Conditions:

HP ElitePad 900 tablet or Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 with front and rear camera using the Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2300.

Workaround:

None. We do not support the Atom based processors on Jabber Video

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Amazing we are up to version 9.7.1 and the problem still exists.  You can add Dell Latitude Tablets as well, they run Atom based processors.

Skype works, Jabber doesn't.  Surely Cisco will support Atom processors at some stage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: