cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd CUC Greeting Issue

DAVID BURKHART
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CTI Port to point to a System Call Handler in CUC - both with the same extension. In that Call Handler I have a Recorded Name and a Standard Greeting. The greeting was not playing, only the System Greeting: "Sorry, [recorded name], is not available." then the call disconnects. I have played with the greeting settings, changed the extension on the Call Handler, then even deleted the Call Handler itself. Still, when I call that extension the same system greeting answers! How? I have compared each and every screen in this Call Handler to a couple of other call handlers that are working properly. I'm stumped on this one! Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

3 Replies 3

If you have a CTI Port with a number that is set to CFWDALL to VM, and the call is reaching the VM system (which is sounds like it is). And if you have a system call handler with that same extension, as you noted it should work.

I'd be sure to check the VM Profile on the number on the CTI Route Point to make sure it's not getting masked. Also check to make sure you don't have a call routing rule in CUC that might be interfering. I'm doubting both of those but they are easy to check.

I might have wondered about the "forwarding header" settings on the trunk, but you say you have other System Call Handlers (forwarded to by CTI route points?) that are working properly. So that is unlikely.

Fire up the Real Time Monitoring Tool and point it at CUC. Go to the Unity Connection tab and turn on Polling. Then call the number. That will show you what information CUCM is sending to CUC. It should show that the call is Forwarded (rather than direct), and it should show the caller ID that CUCM is sending to CUC. Is it the number you are expecting or has it been modified?

Let us know what you find.

Maren

@Maren Mahoney, I'll start at your last paragraph, as it seems to answer all of the preceding paragraphs. With RTMT pointing at CUC and polling set at 2 seconds, I made the call from 3070 to 2410. Once connection was established, I stopped the polling. Everything that shows up in the RTMT is exactly what I would have expected (see attached) - except I deleted the Call Handler with x2410 yesterday. It is still answering and playing, "Sorry, [recorded name (in my voice)], is not available," then hangs up. How is this possible? I guess I need to reboot the CUC cluster this evening and see where I stand afterward. This is really odd. 

And you do have other System Call Handlers similarly configured that are working, did I understand that correctly? Huh...

Can you provide a screenshot of your Forwarded Call Routing Rules? Also, do you have more than one partition in CUC? Last question, do you have 2410 configured as an alternate extension on your (or another) voicemail box?

The RTMT shows you down-and-dirty information about the call flow between CUCM and CUC. If you would like to view real-time information about how CUC is processing a call you will want to set up the Port Status Monitor available at ciscounitytools.com (It is a TAC Supported tool.) This tool can tell you exactly what CUC is thinking about as it is processing a call. 

https://ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html 

If we don't find an answer with this tool, the next step would be to pull trace files. I enjoy digging around in trace files....

Maren