The CTI CSTA(Computer-Supported Telephony Application) Protocol Suite in Cisco Unified CME 8.0 and later versions provides third-party call-control capabilities for computer-based CSTA client applications, such as a Microsoft Office Communicator (MOC) client through Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) and applications created using the Cisco Unified CME CTI SDK, and enables click-to-dial from the application. The CTI CSTA Protocol Suite in Cisco Unified CME 8.8 and later versions enables the dial-via-office functionality from the application.
This document discusses how to configure CUCME to work with the CTI CSTA Client application.
Perform these steps to configure the interoperability between CUCME and the CTI CSTA client application
1. Make sure that you have the correct CUCME version which is supported to work with the CTI CSTA client application. CTI CSTA will work only with Cisco Unified CME 8.0 or a later version, and so make sure that Cisco Unified CME 8.0 or a later version is installed and configured on your router.
2. If you are using a Non- MOC client, Configure the CME router with the AXL username for CSTA client application access. Refer your application documentation to see if your application needs the AXL username to be configured. For an MOC client, the AXN username and password are not required.
3. Enable the CTI CSTA on the CME router. The following shows a sample configuration that needs to be done on the CUCME router for the interoperablility with the CSTA MOC client application. For more information on the additional commands required to configure a Non MOC client, refer Enabling CTI CSTA in Cisco Unified CME .
voice service voip
allow-connections sip to sip
no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily
no supplementary-service sip refer
no cti shutdown
cti csta mode basic
4. Configure a directory number or an IP phone for CTI CSTA operations, perform the following steps for each number or phone to be monitored and controlled by the CSTA client application. For more information on the additional optional commands, refer to Configuring a Number or Device for CTI CSTA Operations .
5. You need to install your CSTA client application and configure the same for CUCME, including SIP URI of CTI gateway front-end or client application.