Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to have a sound card for Music on Hold?


A sound card is only needed if you are going to use a Fixed Audio Source, such as a CD-ROM, or sound input, such as live radio. Otherwise, the Music On Hold (MoH) server streams the local wav files that are located on its own hard drive.

For more details, please refer to Cisco CallManager 3.1 MoH Frequently Asked Questions.

CallManager Features

Music on hold (MoH)

Music on Hold (MoH)


External input

Sound card

Music files

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-17-2009 10:07 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)
Everyone's tags (3)