This document describes how to troubleshoot the error "An object with the SMTP address (firstname.lastname@example.org) already exists"
Unity Connection version 8.5.1ES65.13900-65
An object with the SMTP address (email@example.com) already exists.
Follow the below steps in order to resolve the above error
1. run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select object_globaluserobjectid from vw_smtpaddress where smtpaddress = firstname.lastname@example.org
2. run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select * from vw_subscriberreference where objectid = "referenced from previous command"
3. run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE csp_UserDelete(pObjectId =referenced from previous command')
Run these commands
1. utils cuc users bulk_clean_orphans subscribers
2. utils cuc users bulk_clean_orphans mapentries
Make sure that any other user should not have this address as SMTP Proxy Address.
Troubleshoot Cisco Unity Connection
Unable to add users in Cisco Unity Connection
I tried Solution 2 but was unsuccessful.
Delete the offending user and recreate the end user voicemail account again.
Solution 3 seems to work best even on Unity 10.5.2
Solution 3 described here worked for me.
Solution 4 worked for me. Running Unity Connection 8.5.1. Thanks!
Perfect Solution 3