Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
FAQ: How do you LOOP multiple DMD presentations in Playlist?
How do you LOOP multiple DMD presentations in Playlist?
I have created multiple DMD presentations and now I want
them to run on the DMPs and Loop over & over. I can't
figure out how to do this.
The easiest solution for looping two or more DMD presentations
is to create a nested playlist within DMD. You simply
create a master presentation and add a playlist to this
presentation. Add the desired presentations to this playlist
and then schedule or send the Action to the DMP(s) to play
the Master Presentation. The 2 or more child presentations will
play and loop until you stop it manually.
Summary of Tasks
* Using DMD create Presentations (2 or more) that you would like
to display on the DMP-Display(s).
* After the presentations are created, you will need to find out
what the URL addresses are for each presentation. Using the
"Actions" drop down on the DMM-DMP Manager screen, you select
a DMP and send the Presentation to the DMP. Once the DMP displays
the presentation, access the DMP-DM Web admin page and copy the URL
address in the "Startup URLs-->Browser" field. Repeat this process
for each DMD presentation that you want to loop.
and so on...
* Another parameter or variable that you will need to find out is
the duration of your DMD presentation(s). Some Presentations may be
a slideshow of images and some may contain videos. Your will need to
play each presentation on the DMP to determine the duration length of
each presentation that you will add to the looped playlist.
* Create a Master presentation using DMD. In this presentation, you will
create add a "Playlist" to the presentation by selecting the Playlist
button-drop down. Select "All Media Types" and a Playlist object will
be added to the Master presentation.
- Double-click on the object to add content
- Select "Add URL" button in the Playlist Content window.
- Fill in the required fields (URL Title & Link) in the "Add URL"
window. Repeat the process for each presentation that you want
- Set the Duration for each item in the Playlist. Select the Item
in the list and then DOUBLE-CLICK on the "Planned Duration"
field and edit the time to desired duration. Repeat process for
- Save Master Presentation
* Schedule or use the "Actions" drop down on the DMM-DMP Manager screen
send the Master Presentation to the DMP(s). The Playlist will play and
Loop after the last item in the Master Playlist.
This document was generated from the following thread: