The HARD RESET on the DMP-4400G is the method used to RESTORE
the DMP to Factory Defaults.
- Make sure the DMP is connected to the DHCP enabled LAN and Powered on.
- Turn the DMP around and locate the "Reset" button on the back panel.
- Take a sharp object (such as a Pen, Paper Clip, etc) and PRESS the RESET button.
NOTE: Keep the reset button pressed for at-least 20 seconds, release the reset button.
At this point you should see both the LEDs solid and You may here an audible beep.
- The DMP should be in the process of restarting. Wait for 10-15 seconds. At this point the
DMP is restored to factory default. On the attached display, you should see the DMP splash'
screen with the DMP's IP address (acquired from DHCP server).
- Connect to the DMP using your browser to access the DMP-DM (Web Admin Gui).
For DMS-DMP software versions 5.0/5.1 use:
For DMS-DMP software versions 5.2.x use:
- The default credentials for the DMP are:
For DMS-DMP software versions 5.0/5.1:
USER = admin PASSWORD = default
For DMS-DMP software versions 5.2.x:
USER = admin PASSWORD = Cisco123
This document was generated from the following thread: