- In this case, we are trying to access the database with the default credentials:
- Verify that the SQL service is running: on a windows server system: start->Administrative tools->Services:
- Connect to the database and check the schedule table, called Command Table. There are several tools that can be used, such as the Wyse MDTool, but in this case, we will use the sql command line because MDTool is a 32 bit application and this is a 64 bit system.
- To connect to the database use the following command line:
sqlcmd -U <username> -P <password> -S <system>
You can collect this information from the log line:
-If the connection is successful you can issue some commands, for example:
1> select * from server
-Then you can check the table of scheduled updates, Command Table, issuing the lines:
1> select * from Command
- If the table shows some rows, it means that there are some updates pending on the database although they weren't shown on the VXC Manager GUI. The format is not very clear, however at the bottom you can see the total number of rows that match your request.
Hence why the upgrade/installation wizard think there is a pending update and error out from the upgrade.