Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM design issue

Suppose we are connecting 5 remote sites to a central CCM cluster. Apart from bandwidth & the maximum limitation on the number of sites you can connect in such a design, are there any other design considerations?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: CCM design issue

One of the thing to consider is which gateway potocol to use for the remote sites. H.323 is preffered, this is beacuse with MGCP, your signalling protocols will be transversing the WAN, which is not best practice.

Another thing is to use SRST for the remote routers so you can have resiliency.

Also, make sure you have a dedicated DHCP server in each remote site, as you dont want dhcp relay flying over the WAN.

Thats all I can think of for now

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Ashok,

Hope all is well! Just wanted to add this link to the great tips from my friend Deji. This contains many design ideas for your model;

Unified Communications Deployment Models

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/models.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

One of the thing to consider is which gateway potocol to use for the remote sites. H.323 is preffered, this is beacuse with MGCP, your signalling protocols will be transversing the WAN, which is not best practice.

Another thing is to use SRST for the remote routers so you can have resiliency.

Also, make sure you have a dedicated DHCP server in each remote site, as you dont want dhcp relay flying over the WAN.

Thats all I can think of for now

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Thanks Deji.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Ashok,

Hope all is well! Just wanted to add this link to the great tips from my friend Deji. This contains many design ideas for your model;

Unified Communications Deployment Models

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/models.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. Have a nice day,

Ashok.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content