Views
Helpful
Replies

Distributed Voice Mailbox Design Aspect

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have centralized Call Manager. My requirement is: I need all branches to have their local Voice Mailbox. I do understand that, for this reason i need to go with Unity Express on the Branch Router..

My question is: Whether such setup will work?

Rgds,

Partha

4 Replies 4

conmurph
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Partha,

Are you using CUCM for the call control? If so, from the CUCM SRND 7.x centralized call processing and distributed messaging is a supported model.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/vmessage.html#wp1086096

Cheers,

Conor

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may want to look at Cisco Unified Messaging Gateway with VRST (Voicemail SRST). The summary is that CUMG auto-configures local CUE modules with subscribers at the local site. The subscriber's mailbox normally resides on Unity Connection; however, CUE is used during SRST to provide resilient voicemail. When the connection is restored, CUMG synchronizes the messages in CUE back to Unity Connection.

all you need to do is

now u have unity or unity connection with a voice mail profile

when you add a UE to the brach create a new voice mail profile for the UE and use this voice mail profile for all the users in that branch

in this case they will use thier local UE for VM

good luck

if helpful Rate

Thanks a lot for your generous help..

Rgds,

Partha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: