Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UC design : cucm + remote site

Hi All,

Now our company have a HQ office and a remote site in different city and we have one CUCM 5.1.3 server in HQ office , remote site have about 30 cisco 7911 phones registered to HQ CUCM server. HQ and remote have their own local 2821 h323 voice gateway (HQ has a PVDM2-64 in VG, remote has a PVDM2-32 in VG.) HQ and Remote phone calls using G729 codec for saving bandwidth (there has a 2M lease line between HQ and remote site) .

my question is :  HQ office often take meeting more than 8 partner (using MeetMe), because we have no cisco meeting place server or other device only PVDM2, so I have to give up use hardware CFB , but software CFB only support G711 codec , and the CUE in HQ router only support G711 , if I keep using G729 between HQ and remote site ,  staff in remote cannot dial in MeetMe meeting and cannot get their voice mail .  Who can tell me what is the best design for my UC ?

cc.jpg

• Collaboration
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

Hi,

Have look at this diagram.

Figure 2-14 Centralized Media Resources in:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns656/net_design_guidance0900aecd80488134.pdf

The transcoder at the CUCM site should be in the MRGLs for the ip phones at the remote site.

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
13 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Consider using transcoder for the calls coming from remote office users towards CFB & CUE. Calls between users at both sites will continue using g.729 as configured.

Remember to rate helpful posts, always.

GP.

Hi Gajanan,

Thanks for your reply , in fact transcoder puzzle me  , I tried to registered it to CUCM but no effect .

Green

Hi,

Have you added the xcoder to the MRGs of the remote site phones and the

VM ports etc.

Regards

Alex

Hi Acampbell,

thanks, I did added the xcoder into MRGL,  in HQ router , there has a PVDM2-64 , in remote router , there has a PVDM2-32, I registered them to CM, but I dont know which should support remote ip phone .

Green

Hi,

Have look at this diagram.

Figure 2-14 Centralized Media Resources in:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns656/net_design_guidance0900aecd80488134.pdf

The transcoder at the CUCM site should be in the MRGLs for the ip phones at the remote site.

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Re: UC design : cucm + remote site

I dont know how to distribute the resource about SW and HW , who can tell me ?

below is HQ MRGL

Below is  the MRGL for Branch office

Cisco Employee

Do you mean, you are unable to understand which are SW media resources & which are HW media resources ?

GP

Hi Gajanan,

I of cource know what is SW and HW .

In my envirement , I dont know how to configurate the resource to which MGRL to support remote site access HQ's conference , CUE and dial out except using G711 codec .  if I use G711 everything is ok . But I want use G729 to cross WAN.

Configure the HW CFB TP support multiple codecs

http://ccieash.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/dsp-pvdm-media-resources/

Also when you use transcoder what is the codec between the cnf brg and the remote phones

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.