Views
Helpful
Replies

UC Solution for Emergency Communities

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6
Hi There,
I know that Cisco used not to  support sales of UC call control products in the following environments:
- To receive or respond to emergency calls from the general public and other external sources, as performed by 911 operators and other public  emergency response centers.

- To handle emergency communications among first responders, including police, fire fighters, and emergency medical personnel.

- To carry out official safety communications, such as air traffic control, shore to sea and land mobile radio communications.

- Other environments that specialize in receiving and responding to external emergency calls, coordinating first responders or performing other official safety communications.

Is this still valid?

Here's who my client is:
a Health emergency agency whose mandate is to provide the population of Montreal and Laval pre-hospital emergency services. It also has the responsibility to plan, organize, coordinate and evaluate prehospitalize services in the same territory. The Call Center for Health Communication receives more than 358,000 calls annually. This translates into more than 282,000 vehicle assignments, about 220,000 people to one of the hospitals in the area or surrounding areas. 

Please note that we don't receive any 911 calls directly. The emergency call is received by 911 call center and then rerouted to us using our 10 digits number (514-726-xxxx) for ambulance assignments. 

My client would like to modernize their phone system and considering Cisco Unified Communication. Is this something the Cisco would support at this time? Last year a Cisco representative said that CIsco does not support our environemetnt but Avaya has no problem offering  a solution. I would personally like to provide a Cisco UC solutin to my client. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MK

1 Reply 1

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Anybody with any idea?

Thanks,

MK