cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS control and VCS expressway design

zhaowei
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with VCS control and expressway design.Now here are two VCS control and one expressway.As you know,put the expressway on the Internet and one Control on my company's headquarters. At the same time,I want to put the other control on my conpany's branch which is in other city.Can it work properly?How dose it work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should create two traversal server zones on VCS Expressway, and one traversal client zone per VCS Control.

In other words, you should have one traversal link per VCS-C connecting VCS-E separately.

Please make sure to configure different H.323/SIP port on each VCS-C.

For example:

VCS-C1 (headquarter): traversal client zone pointing to VCS-E with 6001 as H323 port and 7001 as SIP traversal port.

VCS-C2 (branch office): traversal client zone pointing to VCS-E with 6002 as H323 port and 7002 as SIP traversal port.

VCS-E: one traversal server zone listing for VCS-C1 (6001 as H323 port and 7001 as SIP traversal port) and other traversal server zone listing for VCS-C2 (6002 as H323 port and 7002 as SIP traversal port)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should create two traversal server zones on VCS Expressway, and one traversal client zone per VCS Control.

In other words, you should have one traversal link per VCS-C connecting VCS-E separately.

Please make sure to configure different H.323/SIP port on each VCS-C.

For example:

VCS-C1 (headquarter): traversal client zone pointing to VCS-E with 6001 as H323 port and 7001 as SIP traversal port.

VCS-C2 (branch office): traversal client zone pointing to VCS-E with 6002 as H323 port and 7002 as SIP traversal port.

VCS-E: one traversal server zone listing for VCS-C1 (6001 as H323 port and 7001 as SIP traversal port) and other traversal server zone listing for VCS-C2 (6002 as H323 port and 7002 as SIP traversal port)

Thank you very much.I will try and test the soulution.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something like this as example

**Internet**--------------[F/W]-VCS-C2 (Traversal Client-2) -- Endpoint

|

|

VCS-E (Traversal Server-1 and Traversal Server-2)

|

[F/W]

|

VCS-C1 (Traversal Client-1)

|

Endpoint

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: