Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome to the new Cisco Support Community!
Cisco Employee

Granting edit rights to a document

When I create a document, how do I grant multiple users the right to edit it?  I seem to recall that we could do this in the previous CSC, but can't figure out how to do it now.

TIA,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Gold

It is very bad joke.Even in

It is very bad joke.

Even in the case you will found how to edit the rights, there will be severe issue related to rights. It seems that rights has not been migrated from old systems.

There are pile of document created may years ago. Many of then has been maintained and updated by community members despite the original author become inactive. As rights seems not be migrated to new UI, those documents become unmaintainable. It turned live system of documents into zombie party ...

I hope this bug will be solved as soon as possible. Documents are very important source of informations, but they need to be properly maintained to follow development.

3 REPLIES
VIP Gold

It is very bad joke.Even in

It is very bad joke.

Even in the case you will found how to edit the rights, there will be severe issue related to rights. It seems that rights has not been migrated from old systems.

There are pile of document created may years ago. Many of then has been maintained and updated by community members despite the original author become inactive. As rights seems not be migrated to new UI, those documents become unmaintainable. It turned live system of documents into zombie party ...

I hope this bug will be solved as soon as possible. Documents are very important source of informations, but they need to be properly maintained to follow development.

Cisco Employee

This is not good at all.  I

This is not good at all.  I've opened an internal bug against this problem.

Aaron

VIP Gold

Rights are not the only issue

Rights are not the only issue with documents in new system

In the old UI the documents has been mostly used like "Wikipedia" pages. Althougt the original author has ben allowed to restrict access to them, in most cases those pages has been colaborative work.

But we need support for such kind of work.

Old system maintained all document versions, so particular changes can be tracked and reverted if necesarry (by anyone who has right to edit the document in question). In the new system, I see no support for something like it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content