Views
Helpful
Replies

Notifications by CSC Section status?

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just want a quick confirmation on what is the status on the getting the Notifications to work for a certain section of the CSC?

I was personally subscribed to the Firewall and VPN sections and some other sections of the CSC to get ALL updates related to those sections to my email. The Known Issues thread seems to suggest that every other Notifications issue has been resolved but this.

This is (was) an essential functionality that I need to have to be able to participate here on the CSC.

- Jouni

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jouni,

We are actively working on community level notifications.  We hope to have this released in the next couple weeks.  

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jouni,

We now have enabled Community level notifications.  Please follow the instructions below to start receiving them.

Cheers,

Dan

-Navigate to the Community landing page, for example WAN, Routing and Switching under Network Infrastructure.

-Find the Action menu, and locate the “+Follow” button.  

Note: Not all Top-Level Communities will have a +Follow button since content is not posted on this level.

-Once you click “+Follow” you will be subscribed to the community. However, Be sure to check under your account that you have notifications for communities marked to receive.

-To Navigate to your account, click the arrow at the top far right corner next to the red black/and your user name to pull down a menu – and select “My Account”

-Select Email & Notifications from the left side tabs

-Navigate to the section labeled “Communities” and mark the radio boxes of content preferred.

-Be sure to press the SAVE button, when you are finished, at the bottom of the page.

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the update :)

Just added my usual communities on "Follow". Now will just have to wait and see how it works.

- Jouni

24 Replies 24

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

+1 from me. I has been active in most threads of SPA IP Phones/ATA as I can respond to most questions here, but currently I'm not responding as I'm not aware about questions created.

I fully agree with the last sentence of your message as well. I can't participate without notifications as well.

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jouni and Dan,

Agreed, this is a must have feature and we are working on getting it added to the site.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Has there been any updates on this issue?

Seems to me though that this issue is still listed unsolved in the "Known Issues" discussion.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

We are actively working on community level notifications.  We hope to have this released in the next couple weeks.  

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Jouni,

We now have enabled Community level notifications.  Please follow the instructions below to start receiving them.

Cheers,

Dan

-Navigate to the Community landing page, for example WAN, Routing and Switching under Network Infrastructure.

-Find the Action menu, and locate the “+Follow” button.  

Note: Not all Top-Level Communities will have a +Follow button since content is not posted on this level.

-Once you click “+Follow” you will be subscribed to the community. However, Be sure to check under your account that you have notifications for communities marked to receive.

-To Navigate to your account, click the arrow at the top far right corner next to the red black/and your user name to pull down a menu – and select “My Account”

-Select Email & Notifications from the left side tabs

-Navigate to the section labeled “Communities” and mark the radio boxes of content preferred.

-Be sure to press the SAVE button, when you are finished, at the bottom of the page.

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the update :)

Just added my usual communities on "Follow". Now will just have to wait and see how it works.

- Jouni

Well, I mis-clicked endorsement button here. May be I found another UI issue. It would be nice to have power to un-endorse the answer ... ;-)

You will be blessed for it!

So I need to reevaluate my favorite issues. Current #1 is "documents are no longer collaborative".

Once you click “+Follow” you will be subscribed to the community.

Well, it seems there is something broken. I did it according your's advice. "Follow" button become checked. But during the next visit of the same (landing) page I see the button unchecked again. It may be either UI issue (the subscription state is not shown correctly) or subscription issue (I has not been subscribed).

So I checked my profile, list of objects I'm following - and it's empty. So I assume I hit the subscription issue and the feature is broken.

Update, few hours later: "Follow" buttons become checked in the meantime. I assume it has been "caching issue" and obsolete content has been served to me for some time. But list of object I'm following is still empty.

Dan,

Please try again.  Our site had an issue this morning and believe it effected the site cache.

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

No good news.

1. I un-followed the Feedback forum on 19:59 (local time). Even after 15 minutes the page show I'm still following the forum (e.g. button checked). Note I cleared the browser cache, ordered "full page reload". In advance, browser policy is "compare cache page with network page every time I'm accessing it" all the times. So I wish I got the page from server, not a local cache. There is no cache, even transparent, on the path as far as I know.

2. My profile still claim I'm following 0 objects a show empty list, despite I'm subscribed to few communities about 7 hours ago.

Update: the "follow" button become unchecked on about 20:21 (local time)

Update 2: I tried to check them again - and it's status become changed (even after reload) within minute or two. Then I tried uncheck once more - and it's still lagging, for more than five minutes. So the delay seems to be variable ...

Hi Dan,

Our dev team was able to reproduce this issue for the "feedback community".  It only seems to effect some users and to the best of their knowledge it's not effecting other communities.  Can you please try and subscribe to some other communities and see if the problem persists?

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Tried on:

1. SPA IP Phones
  2. XML Phone Applications
  3. ATAs, Gateways and Accessories

Initial state: 21:00 GMT, subscribed. All steps has been taken on all communities listed in parallel.

1. 21:00 Un-followed. Immediate effect, even after page reload
  2. 21:01 Subscribed. Button revert to unchecked state on reload.
  3. 21:10 all three communities still out of sync
  4. 21:13 ATA forum button in sync, SPA and XML not yet
  5. 22:04 SPA and XML still out of sync
  6. 07:07 SPA and XML still out of sync, giving up

(Updated on 07:07 GMT next day)

Hi Dan,

Our dev team is looking into this.

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links