Views
Helpful
Replies

Notifications by CSC Section status?

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just want a quick confirmation on what is the status on the getting the Notifications to work for a certain section of the CSC?

I was personally subscribed to the Firewall and VPN sections and some other sections of the CSC to get ALL updates related to those sections to my email. The Known Issues thread seems to suggest that every other Notifications issue has been resolved but this.

This is (was) an essential functionality that I need to have to be able to participate here on the CSC.

- Jouni

24 Replies 24

Hi Dan,

Can you please try "following" again?  The bad token error issue should now be fixed.

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Same list of communities. Initial state: subscribed. Times are GMT.

23:20 Un-followed. Button still checked on page reload.

23:26 Button still checked, even after I logged off and on again

07:20 Button still checked, despite several attempts to unfollow, giving up

It seems I'm unable to unsubscribe at all after the change ...

Dan,

I've asked our dev team to investigate.  I'll let you know what they find out.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Note that the latest change seems to broke other things. See attached images:

At the first, notifications are doubled (see green arrows). At the second, old notifications can't be removed (but new, post-patch, notifications, e.g. first four in my case can be removed with no problem). See red arrow. I suspect it's another "bad token" issue.

Note the screenshot has been taken on my Unix and I did something like it first time in my life. So don't be confused by missing blue header line on top of inner (dialog) window. It's caused by printscreen implementation I used.

Hi Dan,

We believe the follow/unfollow issue has been fixed with tonight's release.  Please let us know if you continue seeing the issue.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

I can confirm that this particular issue seems to be resolved successfully. Thanks.

Hi,

Marked the question as answered.

It seems to be working for me so far. I have not noticed anything strange related to the UI since yesterday when I subscribed to "Firewalling" , "VPN" and "Other Security Subjects".

Dan B. , has something changed related to the email content that you get from the notifications? It seems to me when I look at the bit older notifications emails (the ones that were working as I was already part of the old discussion which was commented on) that they contain the actual posted/comment content while the new notifications dont have the actual comment/post included in them. This was/is handy to get a quick glance on what was posted before actual browsing to the discussion.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Yes, I noticed the content isn't included in the email notification as well.  We have the dev team looking into that.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

I have received a few notifications related to the Security / Firewalling section and when I check the said section I can not see the post anywhere.

If I were to follow the link to the discussion provided in the email then the browser loads a blank CSC page (I mean the top and bottom of the page is included with the menus and links) with text "You are not authorized to access this page."

The latest example discussions link is

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12258326/need-help-create-access-list-based-traffic-logs

Any idea what is causing this?

I think there was another discussion earlier today in the same section which later appeared in the list of discussions when there were already several replies.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for sharing this.  I believe this is a caching issue.  I'm having the dev team look into it now.

Dan

Cheers, Dan
Quick Links