cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Post Rating - Number of votes not showing?

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Probably not the correct section to post this but lets try.

Has the latest change to forums (people being able to tell if they have the same issue) changed the forums somehow?

I can see if the average rating of the discussion in the "Discussion" View of the forum section in question BUT the number of votes stays "0" for all the threads/posts?

Am I missing something? Not a big deal but was just wondering if theres been some problem after the latest changes/additions to the forums.

Picture from "Firewall Security" section of the forums

Votecount.jpg

- Jouni

14 Replies 14

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Or does the "Votes" now refer to the amount of "I have this problem" - Votes and not the actual ratings like it was before to my understanding?

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

You are most correct my friend

This behavior has changed and the "number of votes" now relates to the

"I have this problem" add-on. I clicked on the "I have this problem" on your

original post and now we see 1 vote as well as the +5 I gave you for this excellent query!

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash

Oh youre too kind Rob

Congrats on behalf of the nice "score" at the moment (33,333)

---> Back to waiting for additional questions on the Security section

- Jouni

As usual Rob is correct in his assessment   Does anyone miss not having total number of users who rated displayed?  What we could do is replace "votes" next to "avg rating" with "number of ratings". 

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

I have to admit, I do miss it.

Chris

Hi,

Personally I dont have a problem with it.

But wasnt the section named "Votes" even before the change? If so then it has stayed the same but its actual meaning/purpose has changed to something else and it created the confusion for me.

I think the ideal solution in my personal opinion would be to have sections/header (or whatever the correct english word is sorry ) for both of the values "Number of Votes / Votes" and "Number of Ratings / Ratings"

EDIT: Perhaps would need to change the average rating to "Avg. Rating" or something similiar. Could be many possibilities to go for.

- Jouni

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Dan,

Thanks buddy & welcome back

I'm cool either way, as long we know what the headers mean

If there is enough real estate on the page then "the more the merrier!"

maybe show both/all.

Cheers!

Rob

"Clocks go slow in a place of work
Minutes drag and the hours jerk" 

-The Clash

g1smdvoip
Level 3
Level 3

I didn't realise this was already being discussed.

After several days of confusion I posted https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2197808 which, while being read more than 100 times, received no replies; and, even more strangely, received no "I have this problem" votes either.

I also posted in https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/cafe/blog/2013/02/01/make-your-voice-heard-through-our-new-community-voting-system more recently and was then directed to this thread.

There's something more than a little bit odd about the forum UI.

On individual posts, the "votes" number is how many times the post has been rated.

On the "first post", the "votes" number used to show how many ratings the thread had received in total.

Now it shows "0" on threads that have received lots of ratings.

That's because it has been repurposed to show how many "votes" the topic has received.

I'll assume that's an error and that no-one could have purposely designed "votes" to mean two different things.

Perhaps...  Average Rating: 5 (30 Ratings) -- Votes: 5  in the first post would be more clear.

Additionally, change the word "Votes" to "Ratings" in the individual posts.

Everyone,

The “ratings” UI has been updated. Ratings at the discussion level now indicates the number and average ratings for the entire conversation.  At the individual thread level the word “votes” has been replaced with “ratings”.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Works as advertised.  

Someone even took the trouble to ensure the use of singlular "rating" when there's just the one.

hi dan,

i'm trying to set up my blog to link with my CSC reputation using a widget but doesn't work.

does CSC allows it or can it work with the said widget. thanks!

https://www.widgetbox.com/widget/ciscosupportcommunity

Hi John,

Let me have someone look into this.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi John,

We tested the and it seems to be working from our end.  What issues are you having?

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

hi dan,

pm sent.

Quick Links