Views
Helpful
Replies

Some recommendations *Bullet Points*

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My 2¢

Update 03.19.2014:  I'm going to just add to bullet points.  Many of this has been reviewed with Dan and should be addressed in future releases:

• Unable to post new thread when using the mobile site!!! This has been resolved.  Dan explained to me that you have to click on the three (3) horizontal bars on the top right then expand the "Action" bar
  • Spell Check
  • Have the ability after posting to a thread to go back up to the discussion
  • How do you add/remove notifications for a forum, how to I get notified if I want to recieve emails for all post on a given forum... seems to be removed
  • Not recieving email notification from any new post anymore, just threads I have replied to
  • After replying back to a thread, the replies don't tally up right away, still see the thread as zero "0" replies
  • Since the post repies are not incrementing, the order of most recent post is not correct This only happens if you try to reply to a post from the main domain, in which it list all the sub-domains of that forum.  For now, I was told to reply to threads in the sub-domain
  • It would be nice to be able to see the last post.  There use to be a link to see the last reply, which can be in the middle of the thread
  • Some post have shown updated in last minute or so, but I don't see any new threads
  • Where is the VIP endorse button
  • Strike Through on text does not show up.  The above bullet point has a strike through!!!!
  • Signature missing
  • Leader board monthly points are including last month
  • When will the CSC app be up and running (Kind of got my answer... really do miss the old app!)
  • URL Links don't show up as a link users can click on.  This only affects certain sub-domains
  • Very slow performance in general.  Dan mentioned this would be fixed in time

WebPagetest Speed: 03-11-2014 9:50 CST

• Don't like the multiple steps to upload an image!!!!

Error I have seen:

User error: Failed to connect to memcache server: web-5934.prod.hosting.acquia.com:11211 in dmemcache_object() (line 415 of /mnt/www/html/ciscosupport/docroot/profiles/commons/modules/contrib/memcache/dmemcache.inc).

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It seems a little slower also:) Maybe they are still working on it. I think after a week or so, there will be more feedback.
-Scott

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Scott,

Hope all is well my friend :)

Just wanted to address one of your "bullet" points;

"Leader board monthly points are including last month"

From what I've read on the new site (under Community Help) the leaderboard is based on the previous 30 days rather than the past Calendar month like it was in the old CSC. This would explain the change in overall look.

Cheers!

Rob

I think the text overlay is still bad. I do not know who decided to put blue on blue but it doesn't work. Or on the bottom of reply, grey on grey / white on light grey. When you look at the general lay out, there is so little definition from color that it just melts together. Everything is so pastel that this feels like Windows 8 taking over Window XP, did anyone like that?

Aside from the what appears usual gripes, ie; email notifications not working and general slowness I personally find the site navigation very complex and not user friendly. I have never liked clicking through multiple menus/links to get somewhere. This makes site navigation complex and uninteresting especially if you don't know what you specifically want.

I also feel like there is just a wall of text every where. Go to the Forum Home Page, the directory is just a huge blur of text. Go to the small business section, just a massive wall of text. It's pretty overwhelming.

Another complaint, I really don't much care to get pop ups on my Window asking me for feedback every time I click a new link or a different pop up asking about following or sharing.

I just can't imagine unfamiliar users using this forum when the familiar users have so many problems.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

21 Replies 21

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm missing those features as well. I need my spel chek.

I also cannot figure out how to customize my views (i.e. to turn off the widgets I don't care to use). Perhaps this feature hasn't beeen turned on yet?

It seems a little slower also:) Maybe they are still working on it. I think after a week or so, there will be more feedback.
-Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, performance will be improved.  This is clearly a top priority and we will be tuning the site on a regular basis to improve pageload times.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

I'm sometimes getting "Website temporarily not available" messages.
Please rate all helpful posts.

I think the text overlay is still bad. I do not know who decided to put blue on blue but it doesn't work. Or on the bottom of reply, grey on grey / white on light grey. When you look at the general lay out, there is so little definition from color that it just melts together. Everything is so pastel that this feels like Windows 8 taking over Window XP, did anyone like that?

Aside from the what appears usual gripes, ie; email notifications not working and general slowness I personally find the site navigation very complex and not user friendly. I have never liked clicking through multiple menus/links to get somewhere. This makes site navigation complex and uninteresting especially if you don't know what you specifically want.

I also feel like there is just a wall of text every where. Go to the Forum Home Page, the directory is just a huge blur of text. Go to the small business section, just a massive wall of text. It's pretty overwhelming.

Another complaint, I really don't much care to get pop ups on my Window asking me for feedback every time I click a new link or a different pop up asking about following or sharing.

I just can't imagine unfamiliar users using this forum when the familiar users have so many problems.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Performance was better this morning (GMT), but now America is waking up, performance is dropping off again. It's currently taking 10 seconds between clicking "Reply" and being able to start typing into the text box. GTG
Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Dan / Vidhya,

Is there any update on resolving the issues Scott noted in his first post here a week ago?

As I today, most of these issues are still outstanding. If I were to prioritize these tasks, I go by this order:

1-speed (it takes about 10 seconds when I click on a post, trying to leave it or reply to it

2-spell check (it is frustrating, because I have to copy and paste each answer to my outlook, do a spell check and paste it back in)

3-Last respond to the post to show up at the top.

4-change “save” button to “post”

5-Googling "Cisco CSC" and clicking on the URL talkes you to the site, but you can't get anywhere and says "you want ask a question"

Thanks,

Reza

Hi Marvin,

Not sure what page you are referring to when you say "customize my views"?

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Scott,

To be honest, the back "up to discussion" wasn't one that is on our radar.  I can see where many of you may miss that with longer threads.  I'll add that to our list.  

Adding spell checker is on our list.  My speling isn't so good either :-)

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan,

Even with smaller threads, we have to click back on the main forum to view all the disscussions.  There is no other way right now to go back to the discussion without clicking on the main forum link after you post.

-Scott

vidhsrin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Appreciate your feedback. As Dan noted, we will try to address some of these as soon as we can.

With regards to your question on the Mobile app - you can use the mobile browser for our site. The site is responsive. An app is not required to use the community anymore.

Appreciate your patience as we address some of these features into the site.

Thank you,

Vidhya

Vidhya Srinivasan Manager, Cisco Support Community

I want to know about the app, since I use that more than the website or the mobile site.  I prefer the app to be honest.

-Scott

Absolutely, Scott. We will let you know soon on the update around the app.

Thank you.

Vidhya Srinivasan Manager, Cisco Support Community

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yeah your right... I should wait when it's peak time... I'm getting timed out even when logging in.  I will remove that from my bullet point:)

-Scott
Quick Links