cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where did "Receive email notifications" go? How can we get it back?

Aaron
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before the recent overhaul of CSC, one could select "Receive email notifications" under the "Actions" menu in the upper right hand corner of a CSC doc, and one would automatically get notified when any updates to that doc were posted.

That feature has vanished.  Where did it go?  Can we get it back?

Thanks,

Aaron (p.s. please follow up to aaron@cisco.com.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron,

Please review the screen shots attached in my previous post.  You will need to use the "follow" button next to the "reply" button in lieu of the one in the "this document" widget until we resolve the bug.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vidhsrin
Level 1
Level 1

Aaron,

In the new site - you can go to your Account page and click of the Notifications link to
manage subscriptions - please see the attached images.

Also, there are some known issues with notifications which we plan to fix
in the next couple of days.

Appreciate your patience and support as we work through this.

Vidhya Srinivasan Manager, Cisco Support Community

Thanks Vidhya, but I don't see how this meets the need.

To make this perfectly clear - the goal here is to restore the functionality that we had, where a user can register for a specific document (e.g. https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1373), to have email notifications sent when that specific document - but not any other - is updated.

If I go to my profile > Notifications > Edit Preferences > (wait for 3 minutes)

I see that there is a Notifications section for Documents, where can get notifications on "Documents | Create" and on "Documents | comment on"  but there is no place that I can enter a specific URL for which I want to receive notifications.

This would appear to be a major feature regression in CSC.

Best,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

What Vidhya described is how to set your notifications.  If you want to subscribe to a specific piece of content you will see a "follow" link next to "reply".  If you are already subscribed to it, it will display "following".  That said, there are known notification bugs being addressed.  For some content you may show "following" but not receiving a  notification.  We hope to have a fix released shortly.

Thanks,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Nice try Dan, but as far as I can tell, the "Follow" button on a doc is a no-op.

E.g. on the https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/7711/wlc-config-analyzer doc, we see this "Follow" button:

So ... I can click on this "Follow" button - which links to https://supportforums.cisco.com/flag/flag/commons_follow_node/7711?destination=node/7711&token=mlrPnw5VaOL9K0Nul6HF6JpU5fB-w87O7YwlkEY7bsI - but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron,

Please review the screen shots attached in my previous post.  You will need to use the "follow" button next to the "reply" button in lieu of the one in the "this document" widget until we resolve the bug.

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Thanks Dan, I've finally got it.  Scroll down to the bottom of the main body of the article, where you see the "Rating" button - before you get into the Comments section - and click the little "Follow" next to the [Reply] button.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links