cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cancel Post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like the Edit option for the first 30 minutes, is there a Cancel Post option?

This is in case you've made a mistaken post or a double post.

7 Replies 7

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Leo,

Interesting you point this out. This has been on our road map for quite a while. The only caveat is in the implantation we considered the author would only be allowed to delete the post if there hasn't been any responses to it. In any case, I will have the team revisit this feature.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response.

"the author would only be allowed to delete the post if there hasn't been any responses to it"

This is not what I had in mind. The idea is to allow the original author of a reply/response to Cancel his/her post.

For example, I, being the person who opened this topic can't Cancel your post. You, because you replied to my post, can Cancel your post within 30 minutes.

I'm very interested for any pros and cons.

Leo,

I think we are on the same page. In your example, you as the respondent would have the ability to cancel/delete your post as long as no one has respondent to your response. If we allowed users to delete any post that had a response then all posts that occurred after your post would also be removed from the site. Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the response.

Like the "edit" feature, I'd request for a 30-minute "window" to remove or edit my post.

If we allowed users to delete any post that had a response then all posts that occurred after your post would also be removed from the site.

In light of your opinion (I never thought of THAT consequence) I didn't realize this issue to crop up.

If this is the case, instead of removing my own post, I can just edit my post and say something like "Post removed".

:)

Hey Guys,

I think there are two "workable" scenarios here :) If you are the OP you can only remove your post if no one has replied. If you are replying to a post that you did not originate, and you throw up some crazy answer (like I'm want to do ;-) then you can pull the post as long as it hasn't been rated (good or bad!)

How does this sound??

Cheers!

Rob

I know that I've prematurely posted questions out here, and then later fixed the problem. I hate to waste people's time, so I just edit and then type "deleted" in the body of the message. I completely agree that was should have some way of canceling messages that we've posted. =)

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob and John,

Thanks to your responses and opinion.

Dan did throw a good question regarding to If we allowed users to delete any post that had a response then all posts that occurred after your post would also be removed from the site.

I did not mean to "rock the boat" and in order to keep things simple, then John's solution is the lesser of two evils. IMHO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links